Explanation of Care
- Long term: Full time care provided for longer period of time. This is provision of full time care, assistance and supervision.
- Short term: Full time care provided for a short period for a period of 1 – 2 weeks or slightly longer (6 weeks). This stay may act as an introduction to residential
- Convalescence: Care provided following surgery or hospitalisations, usually for 1 – 2 weeks
- Respite: Short term stay to allow usual care providers family/home help a break, usually 1-2 week period
- Day care: Care provided during daytime with person returning to their own home each evening (no overnight stay)